'Tis the time of year to bring good cheer!
Please join the Sunbury/Big Walnut Area Chamber of Commerce and its members as we celebrate "CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE 2019."
4:00 - 8 pm - Square businesses host Holiday Open Houses throughout the evening!
4:00 - 8 pm - Craft & Gift Fair (FORMERLY HELD IN CHAMBER MEETING ROOM) on Sunbury Square between Town Hall & Vernon St.! CLICK THIS LINK for vendor registration to print & mail or drop @ Chamber office. Online registration is available by clicking "register now" link above.
Food & Beverage Vendors
We will have food and beverage vendors lining Granville Street. They will be set up by 3:00 pm and open from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. CLICK HERE to print & mail a food vendor registration if you are a food vendor & wish to participate. Online registration is available by clicking "register now" link above. Space is limited! First come, first serve.
5:00 pm - Lighted Christmas Parade Lineup takes place on Burrer Drive. All parade entries are encouraged to have lights on throughout their display as the parade kicks off after dark, at 5:30 p.m.
** Parade entries will be taken up until the parade kicks off, but we encourage you to TURN YOUR ENTRY IN EARLY so that the announcer has time to prepare a script.
* For a parade entry/liability form, CLICK HERE to print & mail, stop in to the Chamber office on the Square OR register online by clicking "register now" link above.
5:30 pm - The night's festivities kick into full gear with the "Lighted" Parade. The parade will kick off from Burrer Drive by the Community Library, head up State Route 37 (or Cherry Street), turn right on Vernon, right on Granville, and back to Burrer Drive.
Check out these other great festivities:
* Holiday music by DJ Meeko!
* Sunbury Lions Club hosting their Annual Christmas Tree Sale on the Square to benefit Big Walnut Friends Who Share.
* Straight from the North Pole! Take a photo with Comet right outside Contract Processing & Title, across from the Town Hall! (Sponsored by Triple J Team - Key Realty, Contract Processing & Title & Big Walnut Apparel!)
* Sunbury Lions Club will be collecting coats on the Square for the Coat Drive OR Drop off at Sunbury Cleaners off the Square on Granville St. during the holiday season.
* Live woodcarving on the Square by Dave Crego, Chainsaw Sculptor!
* Nativity scene provided by St. John Neumann Catholic Church!
* Kid's Activities & more under the big tent provided by Sunbury Christian Church!
* Ornament-making at State Farm Insurance on Vernon Street.
* Open House & Art Show at the Lex Center of Performing Arts featuring artwork from Big Walnut students.
* Holiday crafts & games for the little ones, hot chocolate & cider and a Christmas Tree giveaway @ Contract Processing & Title, 62 East Cherry St.
* Toy Drive to benefit Big Walnut Friends Who Share @ Berkshire Hathaway on the Square, 50 E. Granville St. - holiday treats & hot cider will be served as well!
* BWFWS Food Drive - shopping carts provided by Kroger of Sunbury will be on all 4 corners of the Square.
* HOLIDAY BLANKET DRIVE SPONSORED BY TABLEROCK CONSTRUCTION - located at 28 East Cherry St. on Sunbury Square (NEW BLANKETS CAN BE DROPPED AT TABLEROCK, M-FRI, 8A - 5P OR THE CHAMBER OFFICE, M-FRI, 9A - 3P NOW THROUGH CHRISTMAS ON THE SQUARE, 12/7/19!)
* Complimentary pizza under the Gazebo compliments of Jet's of Sunbury!
* Ice Sculpting on the Square from 6-8pm!
Following the parade:
* Carriage Rides around the Square with the Carpenter Clydes after the parade!
* Tree-lighting ceremony at approximately 7:00 pm on the Square! Join Mayor Hatfield, Village Administrator Allen Rothermel and Good 'Ol Saint Nick as they officially light the Village's Christmas Tree on the Square!
* Donut Eating Contest! - Join us after the tree lighting a little after 7:00 pm for the Christmas on the Square Donut Eating Contest sponsored and presented by Table Rock Construction. Held just outside of Table Rock Construction on Cherry St. Open to the first 10 people to register. Participants must be at least 18 years of age and sign a liability waiver.
* Entry forms are available at the Chamber office, CLICK HERE to print entry & liability form or register online by clicking "register now" link above.
* Visit with Santa (shortly after parade) inside the Town Hall & decorate Christmas cookies with Sunbury Mayor Tommy Hatfield and his family.
* Continue to visit Square Businesses hosting individual Open Houses!
* Continue to shop for holiday crafts at the Craft & Gift Fair on the Square!