• Performs check-ins and safety inspections on diesel and heavy equipment.
• Performs Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and/or diesel engine maintenance, and assists other equipment mechanics with general shop and equipment maintenance as directed.
• Fabricate parts and equipment as required to meet shop and customer needs.
• May diagnose simple mechanical equipment problems.
• May work primarily on large or non-electric construction equipment.
• Operate Equipment as needed for repair and loading/unloading
• Maintain safe work environment and perform duties in accordance with safety standards.
Education & Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of mechanic experience with similar diesel equipment and/or heavy equipment strongly preferred.
• High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired.
• May need to provide mechanic’s tools of the trade.
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to prioritize work assignments
• Ability to work independently and be flexible regarding work assignments
• Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess a high degree of safety-awareness
• Working knowledge of equipment design and safety requirements
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.