Join the Consolidated family! Consolidated, a cooperative in Central Ohio dedicated to improving the quality of life for our members and communities, is seeking to fill a Line Mechanic A position. You’ll join a goal-oriented team where you’ll assist in all types of work involved in the installation, maintenance, operation, removal, rearrangement and inspection of energized or de-energized electrical facilities. The position may start as a Ground Mechanic with the requirement of advancing on to Line Mechanic A through the Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives Ohio Line Worker Training (COLT) program. A current Line Mechanic A is preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to interpret simple blueprints, one-line diagrams, instruction manuals, and construction drawings.
- The ability to work aloft on poles, towers, and structures in a variety of weather conditions.
- A valid driver’s license. A valid State of Ohio Class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
- A valid current Medical Examiners Certificate or ability to obtain.
- Completed or a willingness to complete Line Mechanic training courses as required through COLT
- Effective communication & leadership skills
- The ability to place a priority on safety & abide by the Cooperative’s safety manual
Generous benefit package including:
- Paid Personal, Vacation, Holiday & Sick Leave Days.
- 401(k) (up to 7% contribution from co-op) & Defined Retirement (co-op funded) Plans.
- Dental, Vision, Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance paid for employee; Medical available at minimal cost.
- Education/development opportunities & more!
Position will be based out of the Mt. Gilead, OH office location Please apply online at https://consolidated.bamboohr.com/jobs.
Consolidated is a Drug Free Workplace. Employment is contingent upon the completion and our evaluation of a drug screening test and a criminal background check in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations. Consolidated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Careers with Consolidated Electric Cooperative’s family of companies. Consolidated Electric Cooperative is a nonprofit, member-owned and controlled organization serving the needs of nearly 17,000 members in eight counties of north central Ohio. Our mission is improving the quality of life of our members & communities by providing high value utility services in environmentally responsible way. Our vision is to shape the future in our communities & be a top tier performing leader that spurs the future growth & economic vitality of our region.