Assists with a variety of duties related to the public relations, marketing, and communications of the library in the community.
- Receives oral or written instructions from the Director of Communications.
- Establishes priority of tasks.
- Assists in the design and production of marketing materials, including posters, flyers, brochures, and publications, both print and electronic.
- Assists with writing, editing and production of copy.
- Monitors communication activities to assist in meeting established deadlines.
- Performs routine library services.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings and may participate in community and professional library organizations.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor's Degree in a field consistent with the responsibility of the position or equivalent experience highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with library staff and patrons.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information to staff and patrons.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to acquire skills to operate computer applications related to responsibilities.
- Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.
- Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
- Stand for a long time in one area.
- Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
Receives general supervision from the Director of Communications.
Must be able to work two evenings a week and two Saturdays a month.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and education.
- 40 hours a week.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits available.
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.